SUNCAT MINERALS APPLICATION
You only need a very small amount of SunCat Natural Mineral Makeup to achieve a flawless finish. Apply your
mineral products in light layers allowing a few seconds in between applications for the minerals to warm and blend
with your skin. Start with one light application then continue to apply additional light applications as needed.
Apply your SunCat minerals to a clean face. You can use a moisturizer or apply the minerals to clean bare skin. See
what works best for you. If you use a moisturizer apply it to a damp face and allow it to absorb into your skin before
applying the minerals.
All SunCat Minerals can be applied to the eyelids, around the eye area, all over the face, neck and body.
Follow these quick and easy application instructions for a flawless natural look. Make sure you are using good
quality brushes that are made for mineral makeup application.
- Place a small amount of minerals into a compact , the lid of your products or any small shallow container.
- Place your brush that is made for mineral makeup application into the minerals.
- Swirl your brush in the minerals to load them into the brush.
- Tap the brush on the edge of the lid or compact to release the excess minerals from the brush. You do not
want to use a fully loaded brush.
- Using circular and up and down motions buff the minerals into the skin with your brush. It is important to buff
the minerals into the skin. Lightly dusting minerals onto the skin will produce undesirable results.
- Apply SunCat Mineral foundation all over your face including over your eyelids, around your eye area, under your
eyes and under your lower lashes. It can also be applied to your neck.
- Apply SunCat Mineral concealer to the areas of your face and eyes as needed. It can be applied to your
eyelids, around your eye area, under your lower lashes and your neck.
- Apply SunCat Mineral colors to the desired areas of your face and eyes.
- Allow a few seconds for the all natural minerals to warm and adjust to your skin tone. If you want more
coverage or more color apply additional light applications. Applying to much in one application will give
- Return any left over minerals to the container for reuse.
You can apply the minerals in any order that works best for you since all SunCat Minerals are multipurpose and can be
applied to the face, eyes, neck, body and lip.
FACE PREPARATION TIPS
- Use a gentle cleanser. Harsh cleansers strip the skin of its natural protective oils and cause many skin issues.
- Exfoliate the skin to remove excess dead skin cells and improve circulation. Dead skin cells clog pores and
accentuate fine lines and wrinkles and makes the skin rough. Many people with dry skin actually have a buildup
of dead skin so it is very important for all skin types to exfoliate. For gentle daily exfoliation use a 100%
cotton wash cloth with your facial cleanser. The thin inexpensive cloths work the best.
- Use a gentle exfoliation product like a mask or gentle exfoliant. SunCat Mineral masks and exfoliants can
be found on the Skin Care page.
- Moisturize your skin. All skin types benefit from moisture. It is best to avoid moisturizers and skin care
products that contain silicones which is any ingredient ending in the word "cone" dimethicone is a popular
ingredient. Silicones form a film barrier on the skin and can cause many skin issues. Apply your moisturizer to
a clean damp face. Natural organic unrefined oils are wonderful moisturizers. SunCat Facial Oil moisturizer is
available on the Skin Care page.
BRUSH CARE | It is important to wash your brushes and any other tool you use in makeup application
- Brushes are very important in the application and finish of mineral makeup. Use good quality brushes that
are made for mineral makeup application for the best results.
- Keep your brushes clean by washing them regularly to maintain healthy skin. Washing your brushes removes
dead skin cells, oils, dirt, and makeup buildup. Wash your brushes when they are first purchased and wash them
- Buildup on makeup brushes cause the brushes to feel scratchy, keeping them clean keeps them soft and
- Dirty brushes change the color of your products so keeping them clean maintains the true color of your
- Wipe your brushes on a clean towel daily to keep them clean between washings.
- Wash your brushes at least once every two weeks and more often if you have sensitive skin and problem
skin prone to breakouts.
- Wash your brushes using your facial cleanser or a mild facial soap. Liquid castille soap makes a great
brush wash. Hold your brush with the bristles pointed down. Wet your brush then apply the cleanser to the
bristles washing them gently. Rinse holding the brush with the bristles pointed down. Rinse until the water
runs clear, repeat if necessary.
- After washing your brushes squeeze out the excess water and reshape the bristles.
- Dry your brushes by laying them on their side on a clean towel. Paper towels work well. You can also use a
hair dryer on a low setting to dry the brushes. Make sure they are completely dry before using.
- Keep the lids clean if you use them for swirling your brush into the minerals by washing them when you notice
buildup. Wipe with paper towels to keep them clean between washings. Make sure the lids are dry before
putting them back onto the jars. You can also use alcohol to keep the lids or compacts clean.
- Many skin problems arise from dirty tools such as brushes, sponges and puffs. Keeping them clean
maintains healthy skin.
MINERAL MAKEUP TIPS | For Applying SunCat Minerals
- When applying makeup avoid using overhead and incandescent lighting. Try and use natural daylight or a
natural daylight lamp. Natural daylight shows the true color of your skin and your makeup products. Avoid using
incandescent light as it produces a yellow cast which produces a false color. This is why your makeup looks
different when you go outside into natural daylight. Using a overhead light casts a shadow on your face so you
tend to use more product than you need. Sit in front of a window if possible or use a lighted makeup mirror so
the light shines onto your face.
- Conceal imperfections with a smaller brush. Use your foundation and/or concealer.
- Use a smaller brush to apply your foundation around your nose and eye area where the larger brushes can't
- To apply concealer use a small smaller brush. Apply by pressing the minerals onto the skin then blend lightly.
Apply concealer after your foundation for best results. If you need more coverage apply additional foundation
- Conceal and neutralize red areas of your face with the SunRise and SunMint concealer. SunRise also makes a
wonderful eyeshadow primer giving you that "rested look" to your eyes.
- Conceal and neutralize dark areas of your face with the SunConceal and SunBisque concealer.
- To apply brow color SunCat mineral liners and eyeshadows can be used for brow color. The colors can be used
wet or dry. I like to mist my liner brush with water before swirling it into the minerals.. The angle liner
brush, available on the brushes page works great for applying brow color.
- For more foundation coverage add a small amount of concealer in the lid with your foundation.
- For less foundation coverage add a small amount of finishing veil in the lid with your foundation.
- Reduce the look of large pores by using a smaller brush to blend the foundation into those areas after you
have applied your foundation with your larger brush. SunCat Finishing Veils also help reduce the look of pores.
- Contour your face by using a darker color in the hollows of your cheeks. Use either a bronzer, tinted finishing
veil or a darker foundation. Contouring will bring dimension to your face and keep your face from looking flat.
To apply make the "fish face" by sucking in your cheeks and puckering your lips and apply in the hollows of your
- To apply blush smile and apply the color to the apples of your cheeks. Bring the blush color up and around to
just above the eyebrow. This brightens up the entire face. Use very little blush just enough to brighten up
your face. Sweep your SunCat Mineral blush over your eye area this brightens up the eyes.
- To apply bronzer apply a small amount over your SunCat Mineral foundation where the sun would naturally hit
your face, on your forehead, nose and chin. You can also use a bronzer all over your face as well as under your
chin and along the jawbone to bring definition to your face.
- Bring dimension to your eyes by applying a lighter color on the lid, a darker color in the crease and a lighter
highlighting color on the brow bone. This opens up the eyes for a more youthful look.
- Define your eyes and make them look more open. When you line the eyes you define them and make them
look more open. Wet your liner brush before applying your mineral liner. Leave your eyes open when applying
liner and use small short strokes instead on one long stroke. When you get to the outside corner of your upper
lid don't follow your eye down instead bring the line out and up slightly. This will make your eyes look more
open. If you find the line is to harsh you can buff it lightly with a dry brush. Liner colors can also be applied
- Finish with a SunCat Mineral veil. Using a finishing veil morphs the minerals into the skin giving your face a
finished polished look and brings a soft focus air brushed look to the skin. Choose from many different SunCat
Mineral veils for the finish you prefer.
- To apply colors wet use a small amount of water in the lid or compact then add your favorite color. You can
also wet the brush then dip it into the minerals. For the best eyeliner results apply the colors wet. If you use
eyeshadow colors wet you can lightly buff them with a dry brush after the color has dried to soften them. If
you use the lid to your products dry them with a paper towel before putting them back onto the products.
Problem Resolution Tips
- Pores and lines are more noticeable after applying mineral makeup. Make sure your face is clean. If you
are using a moisturizer or other skin care products let them completely absorb into the skin before applying
the minerals. Avoid moisturizers that contain silicone any ingredient ending in "cone".. Make sure you are
buffing the minerals into the skin and not lightly dusting them onto the skin. Use a smaller brush on the areas
you notice pores and wrinkles especially on the nose, chin, and around the eye area. Wipe your brush on a clean
towel before and after each use to keep it clean between washes.
- Face looks shiny after applying mineral makeup. Make sure your face is properly exfoliated, applying
minerals over dead skin cells gives you a shiny look and can also cause your face to look scaly or leathery. Make
sure you are buffing the minerals into the skin and not lightly dusting them onto the skin. Use a light
moisturizer and make sure it has completely absorbed into the skin before applying the minerals. Avoid
moisturizers that contain silicone any ingredient ending in "cone". Use a mineral finishing veil to help reduce
shine. Use less foundation and blush. Buff the excess minerals from the face with a clean brush to remove any
excess minerals. Wipe your brush on a clean towel before and after each use to keep it clean between washes.
- Under eye area looks dry after applying mineral concealer. Make sure your eye area is lightly moisturized
and your products have completely absorbed into the skin before applying your mineral concealer. Avoid
products that contain silicone any ingredient ending in "cone". Use a small brush to apply SunCat mineral
concealer. Apply concealer after your mineral foundation. Lightly buff the area with a clean dry brush. Apply a
SunCat Mineral finishing veil with a smaller brush. Wipe your brush on a clean towel before and after each use
to keep it clean between washes.
- Foundation looks thick or heavy after applying. Make sure your moisturizer or other skin care products
have completely absorbed into the skin before applying your mineral foundation. Avoid moisturizers that
contain silicone any ingredient ending in "cone". Make sure you are buffing the minerals into the skin and not
just lightly dusting them onto the skin. Use less foundation and apply in light applications. Use a lighter
moisturizer or no moisturizer. Wipe your brush on a clean towel before and after each use to keep it clean
- Wipe your brushes on a clean towel daily after each use to keep them clean between washes. This will
help correct many mineral makeup application problems including the ones listed above. Wiping your brush on a
clean towel also keeps your mineral makeup colors true to color. Minerals build up on the brushes and will
change the color when a dirty brush is used to apply fresh mineral makeup.
BLENDING COLORS OF SUNCAT MINERALS
You can blend all of your SunCat Natural Mineral Makeup products with each other since everything is formulated to
work together. All the minerals are multi-purpose and can be used on the face, eyes, lips and body and are safe for
contact lens wearers.
Take a small amount of each color using a small scoop the tip of a small knife or spoon and place the minerals into the
lid or a small saucer. You can also dip your brush into each color and swirl the minerals together in the lid or compact
and apply as usual. This way you are not changing the original color of the products. You can also apply one color over
Blend different colors together to create your own custom colors. Playing with makeup is fun!
NATURAL BEAUTY TIPS
I have eliminated several chemicals from my beauty routine and I have listed a few things that may help you do the
same. You probably have many of these items.
As I mentioned above exfoliation is an important step in keeping your skin healthy. As we age our skin doesn't renew
itself like it did when we were younger. By removing the dead skin cells you reveal fresh healthy skin. Removing
these dead skin cells lets your face breathe and your products can be utilized by your skin instead of just sitting on
top. When you have a buildup of dead skin cells your face feels rough, looks dull and can be dry and flakey.
If you are noticing that your face and body is getting dry and you are seeing dry white flakes. Make sure you are
drinking plenty of fluids and you are getting enough Omega 3's in your diet. Omega 3's are essential for the health
of our body and our skin. Flax Seed Oil, Fish Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil are all wonderful supplements. Many
women especially those on diets cut fats from their daily consumption which causes the skin to dry out. Eating the
good fats keeps our bodies functioning properly and our skin naturally moisturized.
Using natural products and eliminating harmful chemicals from our health and beauty regime is good for our health
and the environment. Here are a few natural products you can use and you probably have them in your home.
- Honey can be used on the face after cleansing and added to facial masks. Honey has many benefits for the
skin and is a natural humectant and also contains natural antibacterial properties. If you have problem skin and
are prone to breakouts try applying honey directly to those areas. Leave the honey on for a few minutes then
rinse off with warm water.
- Green Tea is a wonderful antioxidant for the body and skin. We know the many health benefits of drinking
green tea. Next time you brew some organic green tea make a little extra and place it into a spray bottle for
your skin. Make sure you keep it refrigerated. Mist your face and body with the green tea then apply your
moisturizer while skin is still damp. If desired add some organic aloe vera gel to the spray bottle with the tea.
- Oatmeal can be used in facial masks, face scrubs and body scrubs. Oatmeal can be used as an exfolaint and is
very soothing. Use a coffee grinder or food processor to grind it up to the consistency you prefer. Mix the
oatmeal in the palm of your hand with you facial cleanser, mask or shower gel. Do not add oatmeal to your
products in their original product container.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil can be used on your face and body as a moisturizer and used in face masks and body
scrubs. Just 1 or 2 drops go a long way. Use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as the subsequent pressings of olive oil
have added chemicals to extract more oil from the olives. One Tablespoon of EVOO taken internally daily will
help moisturize skin and hair along with providing much needed Omega 3's.
- Baking Soda can be used as a gentle face and body exfoliant and to remove buildup in your hair from styling
products. Place a small amount of baking soda in the palm of your hand and add your facial, body or hair cleanser
and mix it together and apply as usual.
- Aloe Vera Gel can be used on the face, body and hair and is a wonderful all natural moisturizer. I recommend
the organic dietary supplement aloe vera gel which does not contain chemicals or additives that are found in
cosmetic aloe vera gel. The dietary supplement aloe needs to be stored in the refrigerator after it is opened.
You can keep small amounts out for everyday use and leave at room temperature. Use aloe vera gel straight on
the face and body or add a few drops of your favorite facial oil for a wonderful soothing moisturizer. If you
use the cosmetic aloe vera gel make sure you buy the clear gel and that it is alcohol free and uncolored. The
cosmetic aloe vera gel additives and preservatives so I do not recommend it.
- Raw Organic Apple Cider Vinegar can be used as a face toner and as a hair rinse and is a wonderful addition to
your natural skin and hair care routine. Make sure you buy raw organic apple cider vinegar Braggs is an
excellent brand and the one I use. For the face. When used on the skin organic apple cider vinegar helps
improve your overall complexion. It helps restore your skin's natural pH balance. Apple cider vinegar can also
help reduce red marks and blemishes and soften skin. For a facial toner start with 1 teaspoon of organic apple
cider in one cup of water and put in a spray bottle. Adjust the amounts according to your skin. Mist your face
lightly after cleansing. For the hair . When used on the hair apple cider vinegar can revitalize the hair making
it soft, smooth and shiny. The vinegar rinse closes the cuticle, restores the pH balance of the scalp and hair,
helps reduce frizz and is a natural detangler . For a hair rinse/conditioner start with 1 Tablespoon of organic
apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water. Adjust the amounts according to your hair. Put the rinse in a plastic
bottle with a applicator top. Apply the rinse to freshly washed and rinsed hair. Leave on for a few minutes
then rinse. No need to use conditioner as the vinegar rinse will leave your hair smooth, soft and tangle free.
You can use an herbal tea instead of the water such as chamomile, lavender or mint. Brew the tea then let it
cool and add to your bottle then add the vinegar. You can also add a few drops of organic essential oils such as
lavender, rosemary, mint, lemongrass or whatever mix you like. When you wash your hair avoid piling your hair
on the top of your head as this can damage hair and cause tangles. NEVER USE VINEGAR FULL STRENGTH
when used for cosmetic purposes.
SunCat Natural Mineral Makeup is not responsible for any reaction to any of the recipes given. Use at your own
discretion. Recipes and information are provided as is and are for personal use only.